This eternal guardian lies in wait, keeping a timeless vigil over the entrance to the Sepulcher of the First Ones.
This is a three phase encounter where you will fight against the defenses at the enterance of the raid and finally fight against the Vigilant Guardian.
Phase 1: Kill adds as they spawn and move inside barriers when the boss casts Exposed Core.
Phase 2: Take the boss down to 15% and avoid mechanics.
Phase 3: Kill it before it kills you.
Your goal as a raid in this phase is to kill adds near an Automated Defense Matrix. Each time an add dies their Energy jumps into the nearest valid inactive add.
You need to have made an Automated Defense Matrix active before the boss is at full temperature (extra resource bar) and casts Exposed Core.
- Kill these to spawn Pre-Fabriacted Sentry
- Spam casts & then TPs away to channel into a player.
- The channels can be cancelled with displacement.
- Vortex before they TP away works. Grip works.
- Applies tank debuffs - Swap on 3 stacks
- Does a frontal cone - Point away from raid!
- Tank & Kill Adds near this to empower it
- Once it has received 16 energy a shield will spawn providing 80% damage reduction from Exposed Core
- [Heroic/Mythic] This will reduce damage taken from mobs inside by 90%.
When the Automated Defense Matrix dies it will drop an Unstable Core. One player will need to carry this up the ramp and to the boss. Each one of these will deal 20% of damage to the boss.
Phase 2 begins when the boss is at 40%.
The boss will roll out from the wall and become active.
You can get run over by the boss as it rolls down. Don't die a stupid death.
- Swap on 1 stack of Pneumatic Impact
- Position yourself away from the raid so they do not have to avoid Split Resolution Tank slams
- Avoid Matter Dissolution Orbs
- Phase 3 begins at 15%
Split Resolution - The boss will slam the tank leaving hexagon shaped pools in lines from the impact point. Move out of these before they explode.
Pneumatic Impact - Tanks should swap on each cast.
Matter Dissolution - A player is targeted and orbs will converge on their location. Avoid!
When the boss reaches 15% Phase 3 will begin.
The boss will channel Core Overload until it dies. This deals raid wide damage and does 30% more damage every tick. The boss will not do any other attacks during this time.
Kill it before it kills you!
Tank Damage Profile
Vigilant Guardian Swing Timer: 4s (Curse of Weakness 4.8s)
Point Defence Drone, Prefabricated Sentry, Volatile Materium Swing Timers: 2s (Curse of Weakness 2.4s)
Tank Class Tips/Tricks
[Heroic/Mythic] Ring of Peace can be used to knock adds out of the shields so that they do not take reduced damage.
Vengeance Demon Hunter
[Heroic/Mythic] Sigil of Chains can be used to knock adds out of the shields so that they do not take reduced damage.
Dissonance can be blocked.
If you are playing Restoration Affinity, Ursol's Vortex can be used on Point Defense Drones before they blink away to cast Searing Ablation to grip them back to the raid instantly and cancel the cast.
Blood Death Knight
[Heroic/Mythic] Gorefriend's Grasp can be useful to grip adds out of the shields so that they do not take reduced damage.